Cover image credit:
“Community” by Katherine Skaggs.
Used with artist’s permission.
Please visit her website: www.katherineskaggs.com to view more of her gorgeous, powerful artwork!
Hudson, MA Red Tent Gatherings:
Celebrating Over 8 Years of Sharing Our Stories
and Creating Community!
The Red Tent movement, inspired by Anita Diamant’s fictional story, “The Red Tent,” supports women in reclaiming the gifts of community as we gather together to co-create intimate, woman-centered, confidential, secular Safe Space.**
Here we share stories, wisdom, laughter, connection, and inspiration. We practice and receive Deep Listening that we may be present with and share our Authentic Selves. There’s never an obligation to share: this time is for YOU! Just come to absorb the loving vibes of WomanSpace, if you like.
Our November Tent:
“Contemplating Creativity: Making Space for Our Inherent Muse”
Inspiration around reflections on the concept of Creativity.
“Creative people do not see things for what they are;
they see them for what they can be.”
— Julie Israel
CREATIVITY: we were raised with the narrative that “Some got it, Some don’t,” and that it was reserved for the artist. Indeed, it is everyone’s birthright; the trick is to be actively and consciously engaged with it.
– What is YOUR relationship with creativity?
– What obstacles did or do you have to creative expression, in all its forms (for it doesn’t belong solely to the artist!)?
– As women, what is the role of our creativity in our lives and in the greater world?
– If you could engage your creativity unencumbered, where would you imagine you would go with it?
WE INVITE YOU TO BRING, if you choose, an item that represents the fruits of your own creativity (a piece of art or writing, a business plan, a recipe, a math problem, a creative solution to a challenge you’ve encountered, etc.) for an inspirational, non-competitive show-and-tell.
Also, please feel free to bring a snack to share (we live on the Healthy-to-Decadent spectrum; all are welcome!!); including info on ingredients will be most helpful for those with food allergies/intolerances.
Red Tent is created for adult women (Trans Sisters: this is YOUR Tent, too!) and mature female teens. Dress comfortably/authentically. (-;
**PLEASE READ—So that we may preserve the integrity of the Container we create together, and out of courtesy to your Tent Sisters, we ask that you kindly adhere to the following guidelines:
– Please be prompt; we will be closing our registration table soon after we begin.
– NO ANIMALS in Tent with the exception of CERTIFIED therapy animals. If you plan to bring a therapy animal with you, please contact us in advance.
– Please be mindful to not overuse high-fragrance products; some sisters are scent-sitive.
– This is a smoke- and substance-free space.
Many thanks for your contributions to making this a Safe and Restorative space for all!
Please consider connecting with us on Facebook: Hudson MA Red Tent.
Nancy Rogers, Kim Roche, Katrina Graham, Jody Zolli
Saturday, November 9, 1-5pm
$7 suggested donation
UCMH Union Hall ~
Unitarian Church of Marlborough and Hudson
80 Main Street (Route 62), Downtown Hudson