Serving Our Community and World
Growing Spirits…Changing the World
Our congregation has a long and rich history of faithful acts of service, witness and public advocacy. The charter for the town of Hudson was signed in Union hall on the first level of the church and members of the congregation were active in the Underground Railroad.
Today we continue that tradition as we:
- regularly support Our Father’s Table, which serves the hungry and homeless in Marlborough. Also, on the first Sunday of every month we collect food for the Hudson and Marlborough Food Pantries.
- became one of two major donors to the Hudson Habitat for Humanity project having raised over $14,000 for that effort.
- promote environmental awareness and action through programs of the Spiritual Growth Center and ring our steeple bell 350 times every Sunday as a reminder of the need for action on climate change issues.
- hold ESOL classes and training programs for people learning English as a second language.
- hold a Peace Vigil on the first Sunday of the month to witness to our belief that humankind can begin creating a world without war and violence.
- celebrate being a Welcoming Congregation, which supports and welcomes gay, lesbian, bi, and transgender individuals.
- Support Human Rights through annual letter writing campaign of Amnesty International, and by raising funds for the Unitarian Universalist Service Committee.
- provide nutrition and finance awareness programs for the community.
- provide holiday gifts and resources for those in need.
- participate in the efforts of UU Mass Action to have our religious values reflected in State policies on the environment, housing and hunger issues.
- consciously and conscientiously provide peace and justice seeking programs for our children