The Principles and Purposes
As Unitarian Universalists we believe that:
- Every person is important and valuable.
- All people should be treated fairly.
- Our churches are places where we should accept one another and learn together.
- Each person should be free to search for what is true and right.
- All people have the right to speak out and vote on things that matter to them.
- We should help build a peaceful, fair, and free world.
- We need to take care of the earth, the home we share with all living things.
These ideas come form many places:
The sense of wonder we all share, women and men of long ago and today whose lives remind us to be kind, fair and understanding, ethical and spiritual wisdom of the world’s religions, Jewish and Christian teachings which tell us to love all others as we love ourselves, the use of reason and discoveries of science, and the harmony of nature and the sacred circle of life.
Thankful for all of these ideas, we want to learn even more. We come to church where we freely share our thoughts and feelings and promise to trust and help one another.