Do you have a lot of things around your home that you don’t use and want to get rid of? How about some clothes that don’t fit or a book you’ll never read? Looking for something or know someone else who needs something?
Come by our Fifth Annual Holiday Swap and Shop (aka Holiday Free Sale) at the Unitarian Church of Marlborough and Hudson, where you can give, take, or give and take for free! Bring something you don’t need and take something you do!
The Goal is to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle: Reduce the amount of unwanted stuff that gets thrown away and ends up in landfills by trading/sharing with another family who will Reuse, Recycle and give it a new home. Likewise, the hope is to reduce the amount of money spent and instead provide these items for other families, especially those who may not otherwise have the resources!
Items for Swap and Shop (Free Sale):
- Adult & Children’s Clothing
Coats, Sweaters & Sweatshirts, Pants, Shirts & Blouses, Skirts & Dresses, Shoes & Boots, Gloves, Hats, Mittens & Scarves, Snow Suits & Pants
- Sports Equipment
Soccer Balls, Cleats & Shin Guards, Skate Boards, Rollerblades & Roller Skates, Mitts, Balls & Bats, Hockey Gear, Lacrosse Gear, Skates & Hockey Sticks, Sleds & Snowboards, Skis & Poles
- Baby Equipment
Strollers & Highchairs, Baby Swings & Bouncy Seats, & Port-a-cribs
- Small Household Items
Small Household Appliances such as Coffee Makers, Blenders, Juicers, & Mixers, Pots & Pans, Dishes, Bowls, Glassware & Utensils, Knick-Knacks, Collectables, Curtains & Place Mats, Small Tools & Gardening Supplies
- Also, the Following Items . . .
New toys, Unopened Puzzles & Games, Video Games, DVD’s, & CD’s, Adult & Children’s Books, Sewing & Crafting Supplies, Holiday Decorations, Gift Wrapping Supplies, Purses, Wallets, Jewelry & Jewelry Boxes
Guidelines for Donations:
- Donations may be brought during the Free Sale (Swap & Shop) or may be dropped off at the church beginning Monday November 27th by appointment. To schedule a drop off appointment, please either send an email (email@example.com) or leave a phone message (978.562.9180). You will be contacted to set-up a date and time to drop off your donation.
- All items should be in “near new or excellent” condition and clean.
- Clothing MUST be: freshly laundered, great condition, no stains, no holes/rips, missing buttons. Etc. Just don’t bring in something that you yourself wouldn’t take!
- We CANNOT ACCEPT: Large Appliances, Furniture, TV’s, Computers, Outdated software, textbooks & computer manuals, Car Seats & Potties, Microwaves, Toasters & Toaster Ovens.
- No dealers & No Resale Please!
No Charities or Organizations during the Free Sale (Swap & Shop) hours please.