Spiritual Growth and Community Center
The Spiritual Growth and Community Center is an outreach program of the Unitarian Church of Marlborough and Hudson. We provide high-quality, inspirational programs, classes, and events to awaken peace, joy, love, compassion, personal growth, and creativity. All programs are open to the community—people of all faiths, including atheists, can participate.
The Spiritual Growth and Community Center is made possible through the generous support of the members and friends of the Unitarian Church of Marlborough and Hudson.
In-Person Women’s Red Tent: “Knowing Our Personal Power”
Sunday May 22, 2022
Unitarian Church of Marlborough & Hudson (Union Hall)
80 Main St., Hudson, MA 01749
Leaders: Nan Rogers, Jody Zolli
Cost: $10 suggested donation
The Red Tent movement, inspired by Anita Diamant’s fictional story “The Red Tent,” supports women in reclaiming the gifts of community as we gather together to co-create safe, woman-centered, restorative, inclusive community. Here in Hudson, MA, we have created and facilitated this space for over a decade!
“Stand up straight and realize who you are, that you tower over your circumstances.” ~Maya Angelou
Personal Power: your inner strength, that core of your own truth and authenticity, is about your character, your integrity, how you treat others, and first and foremost, how you treat and see yourself. There are so many brilliant manifestations of personal power: standing up for others; following the beat of your own drummer; creating and enforcing your own boundaries; developing YOUR own definition of success; speaking up for your needs while caring for others; dressing to express your own style. Loving, honoring, celebrating, appreciating, and claiming (or reclaiming) your autonomy over your own body, mind, spirit, and destiny. Supporting one another in expressions of power such as art, dance, writing, healing, caregiving, ministering, building, problem-solving, creating. The power in our Doing; the power in our Loving; the power in our Just Being.
Women are inherently infinitely powerful; it’s in our heart, our soul, our ways, our resilience, our resourcefulness. Society has, in the past and present alike, attempted to suppress and exert dominion over women’s power. As more women recognize this (it can be so subtle) and resist these attempts, we begin to shift the power structures in the world back into a place of balance, which the world so desperately needs right now.
POINTS TO PONDER:
– What does it mean to you to be a person of power? A woman of power?
– How do stand in your own power?
– Have you encountered obstacles to accessing and/or nurturing Power in your life? What did these look like, and how did you overcome them?
– What is your favorite story of the time you stood tall in your own power?
Let us gather together again inside the Women’s Red Tent to Tell Our Stories, and to share our wisdom, strength, and love. Our time together will include meditation, conversation, some light enrichment activities, and much community-building. You are invited!
RSVP: Via email or via Facebook
So that we may preserve the integrity of the Container we create together, and out of courtesy to your Tent Sisters, we ask that you kindly adhere to the following guidelines:
– We are following UCMH’s Covid protocols, therefore we will be masked and distanced unless eating and drinking.
– Feel free to bring a snack to share; we will provide tea, juice and soda.
– Please be prompt; we will be closing our registration table soon after we begin. If you need to arrive late or leave early, no problem, Life happens; please just let Nan or Jody know.
– NO ANIMALS in Tent with the exception of CERTIFIED therapy animals. If you’ll be bringing a therapy animal with you, please contact us in advance.
– Please be mindful to not overuse high-fragrance products; some Sisters are scent-sitive.
– This is a smoke- and substance-free space.
Many thanks for your contributions to making this a Safe and Restorative space for all!
*Please consider connecting with us on Facebook: Hudson MA Red Tent*
Dates/Tiimes: 40-minute parties every week on Monday at noon and Tuesday-Friday at 8AM
Zoom link or how to get this info: https://tinyurl.com/
We are hard at work preparing virtual and in person offerings for the upcoming season! Please check back for more information, or contact the office to receive notification via email: firstname.lastname@example.org