Women’s Red Tent: “Pausing to Pathfind”
Saturday afternoon July 15, 1-5pm
Hudson, MA Women’s Red Tent Gatherings: Celebrating over a decade of Sharing Our Stories and Creating Community!
|**PLEASE NOTE THESE EXCITING DEVELOPMENTS:
The Red Tent movement, inspired by Anita Diamant’s fictional story “The Red Tent,” supports women in reclaiming the gifts of community as we gather together to co-create compassionate, woman-centered, restorative, confidential Safe and Courageous Space. We practice and receive Deep Listening that we may be present with our Authentic Selves, and with one another. There’s never an obligation to share: this time is for YOU! Just come to absorb the loving vibes of fabulous WomanSpace, if you like.
Our focus-for-reflection during our time together:
PAUSING TO PATHFIND
Let’s just STOP… Pause… Step Away from the busyness which removes us from ourselves and our women’s community and just BE together, enjoying gentle rituals to carry us into our space as we share stories, wisdom, moments of reflection. It’s in the stillness when we can hear our inner voice, our callings, the loudest. With self-awareness in our pocket, we take that first step onto our Path, whatever that Path wants and needs to be for us. Nan – one of our Tent mothers — loves a good metaphor: let’s walk down that sun-dappled woodland path, sometimes together, sometimes solitarily.
- What surprising beings will we encounter?
- Will the path always be smooth?
- How do we overcome the roots and brambles and that fallen tree that’s come crashing down and has gotten in our way: do we charge brazenly over it, or perhaps craft a way of circumnavigating it, blazing a new trail?
- Do we have a destination, or is the reward in the wandering?
In our beautiful and welcoming space at 19 Carter, we will have the opportunity to spend time in the gorgeous green and statue-filled spaces on the grounds. Please check out the website for information on the venue, its accessibility, and parking: 19carter.org
Red Tent is designed for women of all ages, stages, journeys, and origin stories.
Dress comfortably; please feel free to bring a snack to share!
So that we may preserve the integrity of the Container we create together, and out of courtesy to our Tent Guests, we ask that you kindly adhere to the following guidelines:
- If you will arrive later than 1:30, please let us know; feel free to send a note to Nancy Rogers on FB Messenger.
- NO ANIMALS in Tent with the exception of CERTIFIED therapy animals.
- Please be mindful to not overuse high-fragrance products; some attendees are scent-sitive.
- This is a smoke- and substance-free space.
Many thanks for your contributions to making this a Safe and Restorative space for all!
Facilitators: Nancy “Aurora” Rogers & Jody Zolli
Date: Saturday afternoon July 15, 1:00-5:00pm
Cost: $10 suggested donation
Location: 19 Carter Community Space
19 Carter Street, Berlin, MA 01503