Hudson, MA Women’s Red Tent Gatherings: Celebrating over a decade of Sharing Our Stories and Creating Community!
The theme for our gathering on September 23, 2023: WELCOME!!
Unitarian Church of Marlborough and Hudson, 80 Main St., Hudson, MA 01749
Hello, fabulous women!
We hope you had an amazing summer! Yes, already, it is that time of year when we bid this season of light, warmth, and play Adieu; and now, we get to welcome in that most majestic and abundant of seasons: Autumn! Change is in the air: we welcome new beginnings and harvesting the abundance of all that we’ve cultivated. We welcome in new opportunities, new challenges, new goals. And that which no longer serves us is welcome to leave! Best of all: we welcome YOU, dear sisters, back into our loving, nurturing, and restorative Safe Space; or perhaps we get to welcome you for the first time! Please join us as we simply Land back in one another’s presence, check in, share Reflections and Responses and the Wisdom of Women, and enjoy light rituals and meditations to set the space, share lots of lovely snacks, and See one another with big open hearts. Come, let’s gather together inside the Red Tent, in Safe Space, where we can be ourselves and Share Our Stories. You are invited!
The Red Tent movement, inspired by Anita Diamant’s fictional story “The Red Tent” and founded by women’s visionary ALisa Starkweather, supports women in reclaiming the gifts of community as we gather together to co-create intimate, woman-centered, restorative, secular, confidential Safe Space. We practice and receive Deep Listening that we may be present with our Authentic Selves. There’s never an obligation to share: this time is for YOU! Just come to absorb the loving vibes of fabulous womanspace if you like. This WomanSpace is created for adult and mature teen individuals who are walking a woman’s path.
What to bring:
- Dress comfortably (you are invited to bring slippers, yoga pillows, etc., whatever will make you feel even more at home).
- Please bring a snack to share! The “lunchier” the better, due to the timing of our event.
- You are invited to bring a small item which represents what it means to you to Be Welcoming or Feel Welcomed; we will add this to our gathering’s altar for the duration of our time together.
- If you are able, we welcome financial donations ($10 suggested) to help cover our costs, and to enable us to continue this work.
**PLEASE NOTE: WE WILL BE LOCKING THE DOOR AFTER 20 MINUTES. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PROMPT ARRIVAL!!! ** (If you will be joining us late, no problem, please just let us know in advance; feel free to PM Nancy Rogers)
- COVID guidelines: masks are optional but we will be socially distancing in an open-sided Tent space. Note that we may have to adjust this practice in the event of a further increase in COVID cases.
- Please be mindful to not overuse high-fragrance products; some attendees are scent-sitive.
- NO ANIMALS in Tent with the exception of CERTIFIED therapy animals.
- This is a smoke- and substance-free space.
Many thanks for your contributions to making this a Safe and Restorative space for all!
FB event invite: https://www.facebook.com/events/3135533100089975
Photo credit: Nancy Rogers